Thursday, May 8, 2008

Artful Wednesdays (Yes, I know it's Thursday . . . Let's Pretend.)








This week's artist can be found on etsy at kelliedrawspictures. Here's a blurb from her bio on etsy: "Iam a visual artist originally from Saginaw, Michigan. My work tends to focus on the bittersweet details of life. I have been drawing since I could first hold a pencil. By age 5, I knew that I would be an artist. I began creating large abstract paintings with old cans of house paint, and making full length books with stacks of paper plates. At 11, experimenting as an interior decorator, I painted the entire kitchen eggshell white including the sink, microwave, and counter tops as a birthday "surprise" for my father. Needless to say, through the years I have taken my art in several directions; currently, I am submerged in the world of illustration. I recently began my first illustrated book entitled Cadis & Adelaide, a wordless novel, tracing the lives of two tongue-tied and bewildering individuals. "

No comments: